Sunday, August 28, 2005

So my Nanna's funeral was almost a week ago, but there's something that still bugs me (apart from her being dead, which isn't right, you know? She was like the eternal Nanna, and now she's not... makes no sense).

The thing that's bugging me is that a guy was there who I was friends with when I was younger. We always used to talk and hang out and stuff, and when I saw him last year, we had a nice time catching up.

Anyways, at the funeral AND the wake, he avoided me like the plague (and I know it wasn't my deoderant because everyone else descended on me, and one guy even spent five minutes talking to my t*ts rather than my face for f*ck's sake).

The only conversation we had was basically: (me) 'Hi!' (him) 'Hey, how are you?' 'Good thanks, and you?' 'Yeah, not bad. How's your work going?' 'It's really good, I love it.' 'I'm glad you're happy with it. Well, I have to head off.' 'Ohh... well, I'll see you later then.' 'Yeah. Take care.'

The whole time he looked like I'd cornered him and proposed that we do something indecent on the tea and coffee trolley.

*sigh* Kind of sucks! I mean, when you see old friends, you don't really expect that kind of reaction.

But other than that, the funeral was a really fantastic celebration of my Nanna's life, and catching up with the rest of my friends and relatives was wonderful.

No comments: