Monday, January 22, 2007

Memories from the City of Light

The only things I have from the guy I dated for three years or so when I was younger are a Hello Kitty bag, a pair of Axion skate shoes (I always used to steal his shoes to wear - that and his hoodies) and a love of the Hilltop Hoods.

I know my friend Tony (guess I'd say a bit of a music know-most-of-it) thinks they're crap, but I love 'em, mostly due to seeing them live a number of years ago just after The Calling came out at a festival thing where they capped off the entire day. Quite simply, they were absolutely fantastic.

The rest of the day had been pretty good. There had been some odd moments with seeing some people from High School who I didn't really like and them staring at me with a "What are you doing here? I thought you packed up for Sydney!" look while I stared at them with the "What? You're actually still alive?" look. Getting asked if my $5 sunnies were designer amused me. It had also been a perfect South Aussie Summer day.

Hilltop Hoods were the best thing, though.

Importing The Hard Road onto my 'puter this morning at work made me think of that and smile - nothing beats live music.

No comments: