Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I don't endorse it, I just promote it...

Although I wrote about how bad lying is recently, there really are some occasions where I think it's appropriate, such as if you were hiding Jewish people in your attic and the Nazis were at the door asking if you had any Jewish people hanging about, in which case the answer would be "Noooo... Haven't seen any 'round here lately. Lovely weather, incidentally."

Anyways.

Had the plumber in this morning because the washer in the spout thingy over the kitchen sink had gone to bollocks and I couldn't fix it (although I can fix the washers in the taps).

He brought a creepy, nosy friend with him.

VERY unimpressed, as creepy, nosy friend tried to look around the house (fortunately I'd put everything away) and then asked if I was married or whatever. I told him that I was engaged and my partner was up in Sydney at the moment with work. Thankfully I think he believed it. But grrrr!

Plus he decided to comment on my "plummy" accent and that I must have gone to private schools and so on, and seemed appropriately surprised when I told him I went to a public school.

*mutters in plummy accent* Peasants.

No comments: