Saturday, November 10, 2007

I hate the weekend neighbours.

Or to be more specific, I hate the weekend neighbours always burning yard rubbish when the wind is blowing toward my and the nice neighbour's houses, smoking us out (I'm also not overly fond of the way they stare at you when you're out working in the yard. It's most unnerving). The weekend neighbours have an uncanny ability to only ignight random piles of leaves/twigs/etc when the breeze is coming our way. Particularly if you've just put the washing out.

And it's every weekend they come up.

This will probably be the only time I say it, but thank God the fire restriction season starts on Monday. Even if it means we're heading into bushfire season, which is another thing I hate. But at least it means we'll endure slightly fewer weekends of being smothered with smoke, courtesy of the weekend neighbours.

Anyways...

I have to burn the final enormous pile of leaflitter tomorrow (sorry, ozone layer). I just hope that a) the burning behaves itself and doesn't incinerate the yard and b) the breeze oh-so-generously blows the smoke the way of the weekend neighbours.

I also hate mayonaise.

Just to balance the hate up, here is a list of things I love at the moment:
> Having the spare room clean and organised.
> The gorgeous sunny weather we've been having.
> Bundling up things for charity that I don't want any more.
> Raspberry and cranberry juice.
> Finding a 10-year-old Bliss magazine with a sample of the Spice Girls Impulse bodyspray in it while talking with Amy and laughing myself silly over it all. Although I didn't love feeling old because of that.
> The cricket.

2 comments:

Chaos said...

Your blog makes me smile. Nice balance. Reminds we are two sides of emotions in everything. Both heads and tails need to be looked at if we make a clear conclusion. Love ya.

Della said...

I figured some balance was needed after the hate-fest ;)

But yes, there's positives and negatives everywhere in life. May as well just enjoy it as much as possible (and blog about it ;).

Love ya too :)