Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Ewwwwww!!!

Holy crap, what is it with me and attracting the total freaks?!?!

I was sitting at the bus stop after being at the dentists, waiting to head back to work. This guy comes up, plonks down on the seat near me and starts nattering away to me. So I talked with him for like half an hour. He was totally cracking onto me AND HE WAS OLD ENOUGH TO BE MY DAD!

He asked how old I was and he seemed disappointed when I told him I was 22, and he's like, "You look so much older! I thought you were 27 or so. Damn."

I was like, "Thank God, ewwwwww, please make that bus ARRIVE."

When he asked if I was married, I just should have lied and said, "Yes, yes I am married, to a desperately jealous man. In fact, my husband stabbed the last man who spoke to me. Through the eye. Repeatedly. It was tragic. But I love him."

That never would have happened if the dentists weren't running late today *lol* If I'd gotten in at the time I was booked for, I would have been out and on the bus an hour earlier, rather than getting to be hit on by some old guy who wants to tell me about his life and give me his phone number and stuff while bollocksing on about how gorgeous I am.

Why do strange people ALWAYS talk to me?!?! Maybe I'm too nice, or look too friendly. I shall have to work on this. Possibly with tattoos and a couple of prominent facial piercings...

Nyarghhh!

Oh, and to top that all off, I fell and bashed up my OTHER knee *sigh* So now both my knees are stuffed and I'm hobbling around like a cripple..! (sans wheelchair)

Today is beeeeeezarre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Adele - I am terribly sorry, but I couldn't help laughing... memories of being cracked onto in similar scenarios... "your 13?! - you like like your in year 12!"

Della said...

*lol* Share the pain, share the pain! *lol*

It's pretty funny looking back, but in the moment, it's like, "Eww, get away from me or I'll get out the crusifix and garlic in a moment!"

Now, are you sure you're in Year 12..? *lol* ;)