Thursday, August 09, 2007


Hmm...

Uninspired to write anything lately for the blog.

It's my birthday soon and maybe the lack of desire to write anything for my blog is indicative of a nearly-quarterlife crisis. Meh. That would require effort and be cliche (is everyone else sick of "Oh noes! WTF am I going to do with my life? I'm in my 20s and it's sooooooo hard! I know! I'll write on MySpazz about how hard it is." movies and books and stuff, too?).

So maybe I'll get inspired and thing of something to write about something. I mean, what's there to say about politics at the moment, other than it's getting ridiculous now with the scent of a possible November election in the wind, the stupid "WorkChoices is great so shuddupayourface" ads being put on by business, all the rubbish about "Ooh, it's the fault of the States!" when even people who aren't economically-minded can see that's a stupid argument... It's all just so silly.

Other than that, it's still winter, there's still loads of work to be done and I really should plan ahead for something exciting, outrageous, adventurous and so on for the next birthday I have.

After all, that one will be the quarter of a century thing.

In other thoughts, the "Ice Mentos" chewy is about as icy as a warm shower. Pffffft. And I really need more sleep. But it was so worth it to stay up late nattering with Amy and laughing so much and so hard my tummy hurt. Yay :D

Pic from lolcats

16 comments:

Dominique said...

Meh quauter life crisis no big deal... what new is really going to happen either... I mean if you havn't been picked and purchased yet; getting a go get em attitude for your b'day isn't going to change the fact.

possibly really should shut up about that being picked thing.

Della said...

Ermm... Being picked for what? Experimental banana surgery or something?

No crisis about being single. I quite like it at the moment, surprisingly. Too many things happening in life to keep me distracted as is without adding more distractions. Or maybe that should be another distraction.

Hmm...

Dominique said...

Experimental banana surgery?

Is this like surgery to turn back the clock and become our ancestors again?

or are we being grafted into a banana tree to create walking banana tress..?

Della said...

Any of the above.

Imagine, mutant banana trees, roaming the countryside.

Take that, Cyclone Larry.

Dominique said...

I wanna be a mutant banana tree!!!

I will have pet monkeys and can have banana guns just like the banana man!

Della said...

Bananaman was a fantastic show. They should bring it back. Along with Danger Mouse and Bangers and Mash. And Superted. And decent cartoon! :D

Dominique said...

OMG I loved Superted! I miss superted.. he was such a smart teddy bear. lets tell tv to bring it back... not like they havn't brought Spiderman back on cheese tv; really really bad cartoon that one... next to teenage mutant ninja turtles and naruto who would want to watch it?

Della said...

Boney was so gay.

And don't be knocking the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They were good! But I think Scooby Doo is one that really needs to be brought back.

Oooh, and remember old shows like The Munsters, Addams Family, Get Smart, I Dream of Jeanie, etc? Those need to come back too.

Dominique said...

No teenage mutant ninja turtles was/is good... Addams Family, get smart, I dream of genie, I loved them!!

I want decent tv viewing back... none of this home and away neighbours big brother shite...

Della said...

Ugh... Yes, we should take over Channel 10 or something and put interesting shows back on rather than Orstraaaayan Idle and Big Bogan. Brr!

Dominique said...

Yeap deffinalty I announce that we should bycot channel ten hold them at all gun point demand a ransom for them and demand proper tv viewing.

clare said...

because of you i just spent 2 hrs looking at photos of cats and other small animals. not that that is bad, but look what i found that made me think of you: http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/01/16/im-on-ur-myspace/
not that i think that you do that...urm... anyhow.. was going to say something about not needing to have a crisis because if you dont have it the people around you will have it for you but got distracted by tthe comments and now i just wonder why if woman and crisis are associated people always jump to it being about a man?
kthxbai.

Della said...

Kaisa - proper tv? Ahh, those were the days...

Clare - lolcats is so fun :D Did about the same on Thursday, sending lots of links to people and going, "Look! So funny!" And no, didn't go out and find the crisis thing. It came and found me!

Aren't I the lucky one...

Anonymous said...

love the picture of the cat, priceless..

Lippy said...

Oh I definitely do believe the 20's are hard. Any contractor knows that building the foundation properly is time-consuming, but needs to be meticulous for the whole building to be strong.

Once you get to my age (143), the rest of the work is maintenance, which is a breeze in comparison!

LOL@ myspazz

Della said...

Hav - lolcats is just mildly addictive :)

Jimmy - Hmm, so things should return to some semblance of normalcy when I pass the century mark? Nice! I like the foundation analogy, btw. Seems rather appropriate.