Monday, August 03, 2009

Random photo moment


^ Graffiti that nearly made me fall off the bench laughing on Friday. Not sure why, but it's probably because it was so teenager-y. The things you see on/in/around bus stops and shelters, eh.

Incidentally, I haven't been taking public transport as much lately, which has led to a dearth of overheard hilarious things. On Friday, when I was getting onto the bus, the driver said to me, "How are you, sweets? Haven't seen your smiling face for a while!" I was like, "Aww, bless!"

Now to overhear amusing/crazy/unusual things instead of being the one saying them (like the other weekend down in Melbourne with Taylor and a second-hand bookstore, where he walked up and said, "Tsk, tsk, tsk," about a book I was holding, to which I replied, "What's that, Skippy? Little Timmy's down by the billabong?" "Tsk, tsk!" "And he's ON FIRE!?" "Tsk, tsk, tsk!" "Oh well, I guess it's too late for him now...").

2 comments:

Odysseus Snelling said...

I believe the name Machine Gun Fellatio came to the band in a similar way... one of their friends woke up under a park bench and the first thing he saw was those infamous words, as if written on the sky by which ever deity you choose to believe is up there!

Della said...

Somehow, MGF's name is way better than "I like sex." It's just got that little bit of... I don't know... mystery to it? *lol*