Monday, November 05, 2007

What you gonna do with all that junk, all that junkmail in your mailbox?

Grr.

Today I got more of the "Labor is full of UNION OFFICIALS!!! And the world will END! And then they'll join with the state Labor governments and create an unholy union of unholiness causing the apocalypse!" junkmail from the government.

Frankly, I don't care. If I get junkmail, I want it to be proper junkmail. You know the sort - glossy pages full of specials you can find at the local supermarket, toyshop, chemist, whatever. Or those more recycled-toilet-paper-looking pages of Bunnings catalogues, which are crammed full of fascinating things.

That is the sort of junkmail I want.

So I ripped today's installment of political joy up into little bits and chucked it in the bin. Recycling, of course. I already know how I'm going to be voting in the coming election. That's not going to be changing. The political advertising is just getting rather annoying (and makes me change channels almost immediately, regardless of the party). Other people I've spoken to have said they're also sick of the advertising and know which way they'll be voting.

Let's just get on with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see The Chasers War on Everything this week? To find out if union officials were really scary they dressed up as them on Halloween and went trick-or-treating.

Della said...

Nope, I didn't. But it sounds like it could have been good :) I've given up on Chaser and gone to Newstopia, which is kinda odd, but not too bad.