Wednesday, February 13, 2008


I'm approaching having taken around 19,000 photos with my camera since I got it back in September 2006. Rather excessive, perhaps. Another "perhaps" is that I should have included a photography course in my comm studies at uni. And yet there's part of me that thinks I'd be driven slightly mad by having to follow assignments in that university fashion when it comes to photos.

From what friends had to do in their photography work, it never really inspired me or made me think, "You know, I must study this..." Plus I did have a rather love-hate relationship with cameras. I loved the one my parents own, which is all shutters and various lenses and filters and wonderfulness. The camera I owned resolutely refused to do what I wanted it to do and made me want to throw it down a well.

But digital... Oh, digital.

So many possibilities! And all so very simple and ridiculously fun, when you're using the more ridiculous settings that seem to be more novelties on the camera. Solarization? Fantastic. But it makes most things look like they've been grated. And then the work digital camera that I occasionally borrowed was magnificent in an elderly way.

Then I got my camera. Which goes almost everywhere I do.

And macro's the hell out of everything. But there are so many details and patterns and oddities in the minute detail...

In other thoughts, The Cook and The Chef is back on. The opening scene tonight looking down over the view to Tanunda and Nuriootpa from Mengler's Hill was just homesick-making. Drat it.

No comments: