Thursday, November 27, 2008


^ My first ripe raspberry!

I'm in love with them. Bought the plant earlier this year - May or so - and it's been growing merrily since then. Although I need to get a new pot for it. I get inordinately excited by the prospect of raspberries and literally ran outside the other day to pick this one when I remembered it was ripe.

It was luscious.

There have been two more ripe ones since then and I ate them this morning before leaving for work. There couldn't be a better way to start the day. I even did a little dance.

More of them are ripening, so I should get a net or something to cover it so the birds don't take it to be their personal feasting plant like they do with anything else that has edible fruits around the place. I let them eat all of the loquats and have a go at the plums, apricots and blackberries. But if they touch the raspberry, I'ma punch them in the beak.

No comments: