Monday, December 07, 2009

I hate truffles


I made far too many truffles yesterday. They're Christmas presents for people at work and some neighbours - it's cheaper than trying to find something for everyone that's different, people like chocolate and in some ways it's kind of fun to do something creative.

In other ways, I hate it and I hate truffles. By the time you've made more than 60, you are so tired of seeing them. The next 60 are just as infuriating, especially when the white chocolate for the mint ones decides to be temperamental. But at least they're all done and people are saying they're delicious.

The one I think would probably taste best would be the pistachio one. I made six different types - plain, rocky road, mint, pistachio, butterscotch and ginger. Will probably make the pistachio, plain and ginger ones again. The rest? Meeeehhhhh effort.

2 comments:

Deb said...

They look lovely!
I always do homemade Christmas gifts, but I've done cookies the last two years and I was sooooo sick to death of them. I hate making them, I hate them. so I totally get you is what I'm saying.
I "only" made 9 dozen this year, just for my kids mostly, and maybe work, but still hated it.
I did canned salsa and preserves baskets for gifts this year.
It's a ton of work doing homemade gifts but much more satisfactory I think in the long run, even though it's a pain in the ass. LOL
Merry Christmas, Della!
:)

Della said...

*lol* It's weird how you hate them sooooooo much after making them all. Definitely can't write "Made with love" about them or anything like that!

But it is kind of nice to be able to do homemade gifts. Plus they're generally tasty!

Merry Christmas to you too, Deb :D Hopefully it's one that's the start of things getting MUCH better.