Monday, January 03, 2011

Rust under the coal loader






See more at RedBubble.

Today I realised that I hadn't been to the beach for months. Well, almost months - it was mid-November when I last went. That was a little depressing, as I got my P plates last month (and on my first attempt - woot!), so should have done more driving. So after lunch, it was time to head to the beach.

There were a lot of cars at Catherine Hill Bay pub - think there was some live music or something - but there actually weren't too many in the beach car parks. And there weren't a lot of people at the beach today either. But the surf was practically non-existent, so that's probably why many people stayed home instead of making the most of the beach on a public holiday. Additionally, it was cloudy and kind of cool, with occasional little bits of misty drizzle.

Best of all, the tide was out.

I've never seen the tide so far out there and it meant that I could actually get easy access to the coal loader, rather than taking photos of it from a distance. It was somewhat creepy to walk under because there are so many poles and pylons that are either rusting or decayed (depending on whether they're made of metal or wood). But there are so many opportunities for great shots under the coal loader. I'd love to go back there sometime when it's low tide again and sunrise or something. I know I'm not a morning person, but I have the feeling there'd be some great photo opportunities with that time of the day there.

No comments: