Monday, May 14, 2007

Hmm.

What can I say about surgery other than I remember nothing. And couldn't wake up properly for hours on end afterwards. And was apparently telling everyone I loved them. Which is unusual for me.

Now I'm back to telling everyone I hate them (just kidding!), especially with how I wasn't given painkillers on being discharged. So I went for more than 24 hours without sweet, sweet drugs. Oddly enough, that was nowhere near as painful as the whole gallbladder attack kind of thing. But I like the painkiller thing now I've got it.

Had to go back to the hospital to get everything sorted out, which didn't take too long and they had Brainiac on telly. Richard Hammond... Mmm!

Now I can't eat much for the next three or so months, am only allowed to introduce tiny bits of fat into my diet a little at a time, no chocolate, no biscuits, no nothing decadant. I'm going to take a spare suitcase to Germany just for yummy things, I think.

Thanks to everyone who sent messages and so on to me over the weekend :D And the nurses and doctors were all lovely, which was great. The cuts aren't that painful and you may be surprised, but I'm not posting photos *lol* I know, bit of a difference... But surgery photos are bound to be gross!

8 comments:

Dominique said...

Yay your back!!! I missed you; don't do that every again I don't like to worry... in 3 months or so I will send you a care package packed full of sweet yummy goodness to help you get back on your feet (I'd send it sooner but well I don't want to get in trouble with your doctor... oh and will send something with it speical from me too :D

Della said...

Yup, I'm back :D

And by the time three months arrives, I think I'll be half-famished... *lol*

Dominique said...

Don't be to famished... you will want to be able to use the something special when you get it.

kris said...

i can not tell you how disappointed i am not to see images of the surgery or scares posted on your blog. I think i'm going to CRY!

(so glad your better)

Lippy said...

I turned my back on the blogs for a few days, and everyone felt the need to have surgery on me!

Well, it's sure good to know that it went well, and be sure to heal up quickly, ok?

clare said...

Yay!

that gives us 3 months to plan a *huge* *huge* *huge* pig out. possibly a whole week. with strippers. *ahem* i mean... umm... potato... yes, potato.

Becky Daniel said...

yay! so glad you're doin well!! i'm kinda with kristin on this one though...you don't want to exploit your body for random curiousity? deli....the public wants to know. ;)

Della said...

Kris - Sorry to disappoint! ;)

Jimmy - Must be the season for surgery *lol* Hopefully the others you knew who had surgery are having great recoveries.

Clare - Potato, strippers... Hmmm...

Watson_Vagabond - Perhaps I should. But then again, I was grossed out enough by it all, so I don't think everyone else needs to be! :)