Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Shoe fashion is dead to me!

At least until next season...

You wouldn't think there could be much wrong with something like Top 100 Shoes.

Well, unless you don't like shoes, or you're a guy sans footfetish or heels aren't your thing or whatever, in which case you might rather spend the morning poking yourself with a spork than cast your eyes over said 100 shoes.

I like shoes, thus it piqued my interest. After all, I have more than 55 pairs of shoes currently (some of which really should go to the Salvos/St Vinnies). Shoes can be works of art. 100 shoes brings the possibilities of many beautiful things.

But this goes down in the "How Wrong I Was" category. I have now been witness to some of the ugliest shoes I have EVER seen, thanks to that Top 100.

Shoes that look like they would be more at home in a Dali painting, expressing his frustration about impotency and sexual disfunction. Shoes that combine elements of this, that and the other, none of which belong together. Shoes in colours I shudder at. Shoes that brought on the spontaneous urge to vomit. Shoes half-mummified. Shoes that would make Elton John go, "Oh, I say, a bit over the top...". Shoes that were flat-out revolting.

Although there were one or two (or three) cute exceptions, and a few good for curiousity's sake. And one exception to that colour thing.

But so much wrongness! Gah!

My eyes feel so violated!

8 comments:

Fr Matthew McMurray said...

Made me chuckle!

I, alas, am one of those people who would rather poke themselves with a "spork". (Is that a cross between a fork and a spoon?)

Della said...

Glad it gave someone a giggle :)

And yes, that's just what a spork is. They're rather handy but seem to have disappeared from stores lately. Tragedy! *lol*

Fr Matthew McMurray said...

I would be delighted to see a photograph of said underestimated article if you have one! :)

Della said...

Ah, a challenge! *lol* I'll see if I can find one and post a pic.

clare said...

made it to shoe # 7 before and violent feelings sprang up. which is amazing.
who even decides these things?!?!?! because i think its about time they gave the job to me.

Love sporks btw.

Della said...

I really don't know. Whoever they are, they appear to have the brains of a chimpanzee on illicit drugs. I saw some of them in Vogue recently, too. Unpleasant!

Brandon said...

I do like that curiosity one with bubbly glass... Looks like something worth wearing to a dinner party at an aquarium.

Della said...

Hmm, good point Brandon! Actually it kind of made me think of the shoes that had goldfish in them years ago...