Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Arrghh!

I read this morning that Channel 9 hasn't renewed it's contract to screen The Young and The Restless, which will mean it's only going to be on pay tv from April. I'm hoping that's just idle speculation rather than fact!

Although it's somewhat shameful to admit, I love The Young and The Restless. It's actually part of some of my earliest memories with watching it with my Mum in the years before I started kindy. Victor looks younger now than he did then, I swear, but is still somehow deliciously dashing (maybe he's to blame for me liking older men).

But for a soapie, it's pretty good. There aren't too many utterly ridiculous storylines, a la anything involving Stefano (or anyone, really) on Days of Our Lives, and thankfully hasn't got characters who all seem to have been married to the others at least twice and within the same family, a la The Bold and The Beautiful.

The Young and The Restless is my Friday afternoon braincandy.

What's Channel 9 going to put on instead? Lord knows, but the ads for some absolute lot of bollocks at a 1 pm slot with Libbi Gore are repulsing me already. If I want mindless trash, I want good quality mindless trash, dammit!

No comments: