Thursday, February 15, 2007

Don't tell my heart!

I'm meant to go to line-dancing tonight.

A friend who'd been invited by a lady here at work invited me along and I agreed - it's exercise, perhaps an interesting way to meet new people, a good time to dig out the cowboy boots, etc.

Suddenly I realise...

It might involve country and western music!!!

I know, I know, that really should have been a given, but you tend to blank out thoughts you really don't want to think about - and I don't want to think about country and western music.

I HATE country and western music with a passion! There are mullets, big gas-guzzling trucks, bad fashion, bad lyrics, the implication that whoever's singing might just be married to (or at least breeding with) their unclecousinbrothersistermumdad or whatever, rednecks, the list could go on and on and on. Until it gets to Billy Ray Cyrus.

What if they break out the Billy Ray? If that happens, the only exercise I'll be getting will involve me running from the place, screaming, arms flailing in the air.

Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

5 comments:

kris said...

so...how'd it go? i'm betting you secretly loved it and went out immidiately and bought the firt country music album you could find...didn't you? LOL

Becky Daniel said...

lol, adele, me thinks thou protesteth too much. perhaps you're a closet Billy Ray groupie?

Della said...

Nope, no Billy Ray posters are adorning the walls at home and I managed to control the urge to buy country albums!

Be strong, Della, be strong!

Really, they didn't use much country stuff. But the things they did made me cringe, as did the arse-wriggling thing. That I did not need to see.

Lippy said...

LOL, I'm from the home of Country Music...and I detest it as well!

Billy Ray, by the way, is appearing here on the Disney Channel, co-starring with his real-life daughter.

No mullets as yet.

Della said...

My sympathies for being from the home of country music! *lol*

I guess at least Billy Ray's gotten rid of the mullet...