Monday, April 23, 2007

Ugg!

I suddenly realised...

Yesterday I sent pix to Drewsy that involved my ugg boots!

ARGH!

My ugg boots are usually a deep, dark secret - I'm one of those people who doesn't really like them, but owns a pair because I live in an area of the country where your toes may just snap off in Winter if you don't make sure your feet are kept snug around the house. Yes. I have ugg boot prejudice.

Domestic use of ugg boots is acceptable. It minimises the potential harm to others' eyeballs while keeping your feet cheerily warm in the most arctic evenings while you wait for the fire to warm the house (which ususally happens just in time for bed).

However, ugg boots in public = big no-no, reserved only for celebrities with no taste in attire and Big Brother contestants.

My ugg boots are not for others to see. Even though they're rather funky in their own dirty, dirty secret kinda way - somewhat like a drinking habit, your third husband and Jackson 5 album. I so should have thought of that before I took and sent those photos involving the uggs.

But that's what being ill does to my brain - it takes it away and squashes it with a hammer. Getting better really has to go on my "To Do ASAP" list.

10 comments:

Dominique said...

Notes on a Stave; EGBDF
Erotic Gum Boots Delight Fetishists

clare said...

now we all know about your secret. lol. and to justify my ugg boots, the pink ones with the lace up sides that go so well with my little pink skirt, i will have to be a BB contestant therefore becoming a celebrety with no fasion sense. LOLLOOLOLOLZZZ. ^_^

Della said...

You got them from Jay Jays, right? Saw them the other weekend while DFO shopping and bought a skull scarf instead.

Which is rather emo, but I prefer to think if it as being more old-style punk as I sit here listening to the Sex Pistols for something to do of an afternoon.

You could go on BB with that combo tho ;) *lol*

Kasia - I worry about you. Get back to your balls!

clare said...

Target actually, sales at target is what keeps me white trash :P it is so time for a white trash day. maybe i should go white trash to my movie club meeting this week, check reactions in anticipation of my bb debut.

clare said...

Kaisa has balls?
why am i always the last to know about these things?

Della said...

Wow... From Stella McCartney to white trash... Noice! White trash movies could be scary. I'm envisioning them making your ears and eyes bleed after half an hour.

She's juggling - that's why she has 'em :D

clare said...

juggling eh? so thats what the kids are calling it these days?

Della said...

Yup, that's the word on the street. Those young'uns got so many darn words for things these days! Not like back in out day when we only had a banana peel and a talking mouse for company! None of them dictionary things! ;)

Brandon said...

So uh... I wear my uggs ALL THE TIME. Even out in public. They are just too comfortable!

I'm an engineer though, so I can get away with fashion taboos right?

Della said...

Brandon - aside from being an engineer, you're a guy and guys can always get away with ugg boots :) Perhaps mainly because guy's ones don't come in bright colours to co-ordinate with outfits... Hmm...