Sunday, April 01, 2007

The 55 Blue Tiles






It's hard rubbish day tomorrow and so I investigated under the house for things to throw out and came up with a whole load of stuff while getting covered in spider webs, finding a huge brown spider that was like a chocolatey version of a redback (and killing it) and uncovering loads of just bizarre stuff.

For example, 55 blue tiles.

Really, I wonder about the people who've owned this house in the past. The amount of stuff that's been buried in gardens that I've uncovered, some of the stuff under the house (including a door that doesn't fit ANYWHERE on the house), etc is astounding. It seems like they approached the back yard in the way you'd approach a bin.

And it's not like bins haven't been around for centuries and we're waiting in our fur loincloths in a cave for Ugg to come back with his daily kill while Nug scrapes a hollow in a rock with another rock before announcing, "I call this 'Bin!' We put it out for council collection every Monday night, put more rubbish in next day. Maybe we have recycling bin too. After I invent council!"

All that said, I'm keeping the tiles. They're just too beautiful to throw out with their midnight blue shine. Plus I keep arranging them into patterns, pushing them around into new ideas...

No comments: