Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Photos #1












Went for a nice, long walk this afternoon. Well, it was nice until my formerly-broken leg decided to freak out while I was still about 1.5kms from home. Had to hobble back and it took quite a long time, much gritting of teeth and wondering whether it would possibly be less comfortable to crawl uphill than it would be to walk it.

But I made it home, and, to my mind at least, the photos were worth it. It was a gorgeous day and lovely to be out and about in. It was nice to be able to make the most of some good weather, although hopefully it won't be the last sunny set of days before Winter starts to set in properly. Although, that said, we need rain. A lot (just not all at once).

The DSE were doing burning off in the vicinity and it made me think how strangely welcome the huge amount of smoke billowing up into the sky was, compared to just a little over a month ago when smoke was a terrifying sign of fires in the area.

Really should be sleeping now...

6 comments:

Clansi said...

love the photos...sorry about the leg :(

Della said...

Thanks! And same. It's just been more painful today, so I'm really going to have to go back to the physio. I was hoping to be able to avoid the sadism... Oh well!

Kel said...

della you have some great photos here
you have a meditative eye

Della said...

Thanks so much, Kel :)

Becky Daniel said...

I adore the red leaf photo! Oh my goodness, Adele, you need to start professionally selling some of these. Nice big frame, art gallery display perhaps, or your photos lined up for 10 days in a cafe house. You're photography is awesome. You could take them public — hanging ever so nicely on people's walls— and get a little cha-ching on the side. They are lovely. I would be your art agent if I was anywhere closer.

Della said...

*blushes*

Thanks, Becky!

You'd make an awesome art agent, by the way.

I really should start working on selling some of these. Should just be brave and take them to some of the local art places and see what they think. I mean, what's the worst that can happen?

Well... A lot. And the bushland around here has so many areas for shallow graves...

But anyways! *lol*