Friday, April 10, 2009

You can tell it's going to be a quiet day when the most exciting thing that happens is that you get your foot stuck in a gumboot for 10 minutes...

My right foot with the broken ankle thing is still somewhat odd, even though it's recovering okay. It still swells up occasionally, and the gumboot got stuck on my foot. Cue me pondering after a few minutes' of struggle whether or not the scissors would cut through it, or whether I should try the garden shears.

But it was all good.

Also found the most enormous black spider outside when doing some external surface spraying. Although I have a policy of live and let live with spiders outside of the house (and live and let die if they come inside), I sprayed this one. Even though it was probably the grandmother of all black widow-esque spiders.

There was also a little kid who came around collecting money for the Good Friday Appeal and he said he and his family used to live in my house and "did it up." I pondered not giving him money just for the fact that they may have been the ones who "did it up" with the suede-effect paint in the lively colours of depressed plum, baby-poo tan and verdigris, all of which have taken a lot of effort to paint over. But I gave him some money anyways. And resisted the urge to tell him his parents have appalling taste in paint.

5 comments:

Kel said...

hmmm
maybe you need to get some of those crocs or garden clogs

fancy a 7 things meme?
you've been tagged

Della said...

I have an irrational hatred of crocs, I have to admit.

But I'll have a bash and the 7 Things meme :)

Zombie Princess said...

That hatred is not irrational.

Kel said...

i hate crocs too
but i have a great pair of red garden clogs that i wear all the time
(when I'm home, walking around the property) and therein is the catch, okay for the right job
not okay for wearing everywhere :)
saves the gumboot or

Della said...

Princess - True...

Kel - I'm still not totally sure about garden clogs or crocs! Hopefully the foot will start to behave soon and I can wear gumboots with gumboot-y abandon.