Saturday, May 02, 2009

Carnivorous hair


I bought some Hask Placenta, mostly out of curiousity and partly because I need to do a treatment on my hair. Although the concept of placenta grossed me out when I first saw these little vials in Priceline, the idea became less unappealing over time and yesterday I bought one.

Also bought a general hair masque thing, which I used today. Haven't quite plucked up the courage to apply placenta to my hair. My hair eats things anyway - bobby pins, hair ties, etc, so why not feed it some sheep afterbirth?

*ponders*

Maybe next week.

7 comments:

Melody said...

er...is it like REAL placenta, or is it just called that?

Della said...

It's real placenta, apparently. From sheep. Not humans.

Perseus said...

Are you sure?

You'd think human placenta would be more beneficial.

Let's start a business.

Chaos said...

That is just plain gross

Della said...

Perseus - Well, you never know - it's just what is said about it. It might just be from humans. Or elephants. Or maybe it's actually just snails that have gone through a blender - the stuff has a shine like snail's trails after all.

As for a human placenta business, it's just making me wonder what actually does happen with placenta now. And I'm not sure my mind should be wandering along those paths before 8am and coffee...

Chaos - It is a bit. But the grossness has an appeal somehow.

Perseus said...

"P & D's Human Placentas"
Brings out the inner-youth, literally! Or maybe:

"Placentas R Us"

Della said...

"Placentas R Us" somehow conjures up mental images of a Soviet-style store, stocking only placentas. "Use! Is good for hair! Make husband's chest-hair luxurious and grab-able! We like man who is hairy, like animal."

But P & D's Human Placenta's tagline is perfect ;) Couldn't be accused of false advertising at least.