Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spent most of the weekend away, and it afforded many opportunities for random overheard stuff. Including an old guy at the bus stop who talked to me about clocks and how he has about 10 clocks in his kitchen alone, so he's not entirely sure he needs to have the microwave clock on, but then you never know when you may need it...

Other things included:

Teen guy on train to puzzled-looking Asian tourist: How do you confuse an idiot? I'll tell you tomorrow!
Teen guy's friend: No! That's how you keep a blonde in suspense!

Teen guy on bus: So what are you doing at TAFE?
Teen girl: I'm doing hospitality.
Teen guy: Oh, like nursing and stuff?
Teen girl: No, as in waitressing, bartending and that kind of thing.
Teen guy: Oh. I always thought that meant it was to do with hospitals.
Teen girl, in a weary voice: You would be amazed at the number of people who think that.

Also, I got hit on by a Connex guard guy. That was rather odd. Thankfully, my train was arriving within minutes, so I had an excuse to dash off. Amy later pointed out to me that it could have resulted in free train travel, if dating a train person. I didn't think of that at the time. Trying not to think of it now.

I also saw the err... "not totally edited" version of Wolverine at a friend's house last night. It was... Oh. Wrong. Crummy. Ridiculous. And we laughed ourselves silly (in a very tired way) about the unfinished CGI stuff. It was ridiculous - the thinnest of plotlines cobbled together to feature the CGI, more or less. And it just seems silly when they CGI trees, clouds, landscapes (which actually exist and therefore you'd think wouldn't need to be created), snow, planes, cars, claws (when out), etc. Pretty much everything.

Oh how we laughed.

And then admired Hugh Jackman's rippling torso. Before wondering whether that had been CGI'ified as well.

No comments: