Saturday, May 02, 2009

Random this and that

Yesterday I went down into the big, bad city. Nothing exciting about that in itself, but I've become accustomed to overhearing hilarious thing on public transport. And there was nothing yesterday. NOTHING. The only vaguely amusing thing was a gingernut small child with a lisp saying, "That wath thome theriouth thhit!"

I was feeling rather sad about it when I boarded the bus and was preparing for a dull ride home when a guy whose shirt I'd admired on the train got on and sat next to me (I ask you, what woman doesn't admire a shirt that says Chocolate City?).

We got talking - he was from South Australia, over here on holidays, unsure where it was he was meant to be going as the mud map he'd been given was pretty vague. So we ended up chatting away. It was really interesting. He's a meditation guru and that led to a really interesting discussion about meditation, finding life paths, gaining deeper understandings and that kind of thing.

So we were probably the strange overheard conversation for others on the bus, as the people around us stared at us in a bemused fashion.

When I got home, I got to thinking further about how we make time for the things that matter the most to us, if they really are as important as we believe them to be. And about happiness and contentment in what is done in life. And how that's been non-existent lately.

But then I find out last night that an article I wrote is wanted for a book that's being released later this year. It's a rewarding feeling and I'm pretty excited about it, so of course I've given permission. It's odd how things keep turning up that sort of keep reminding me why I do what I do. But it's still hard in a lot of ways.

Anyway.

It was an interesting day.

Oh, and on top of that, there was a little old lady at a Salvos shop where I got a gorgeous 1950s vintage brooch in mint condition for a few bucks talking about how someone she'd heard of who was dead now had made a prophecy about how this year would be a year for a plague. And swine flu was it! Other little old lady behind the counter at the store was like, "Hmm... Riiiight."

And there's me thinking, "Bring out yer dead! Bring out yer dead!" "I'm not dead!"

No comments: