Sunday, September 27, 2009

*tries not to think about the cost*

Okay.

This is possibly the reason why I haven't bought a luxury yacht.

Loads and loads of magazines. Most of them not too bad, but many of them utterly pointless. So, in preparation for the end of this year, I've spent a lot of time this weekend going through every single one of them, cutting out the stuff that will be useful and then making the most enormous pile of the gutted remains, as seen below:






So there we have it. A waist-high pile of magazines. Great.

All of the "useful" stuff (like recipes, photos that inspired me, articles that I enjoyed or whatever) has ended up in seven folders like the ones below:


The height of these, when they're all stacked on top of each other, is all of about 10 centimetres. I guess at least I got something out of them all.

3 comments:

Ben said...

No, no, no - it's spelt Raymond Luxury Yacht but it's pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove'.


An impressive pile you have there, but make sure you don't turn into one of those old ladies who has a house full of newspapers and junkmail.

Anonymous said...

O dear - Rupert Murdoch and others like him will be sooooooo disappointed that you are destroying their empire. But, all power to you for getting rid of clutter

Della said...

Ben - Oh! True... And yes, I will avoid turning into a crazy old lady with a house full of newspapers. Not really sure why I kept so many of these mags for so long anyway. Oh well!

Anon- Decluttering is such a good feeling, really. Next it's all the clothes. Well, not all the clothes obviously. Just the ones I don't use.