Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bambi: The Previously Untold Goat Story

This morning I awoke at 5:50am or so, looked at the clock and though, "Mm, this is too early, I'll just nap until my alarm goes off." Except my alarm didn't go off at all. The only thing that woke me up from the dozing state I was in was my phone doing the SMS alert thing it does. Rolled over, looked at the clock and leapt out of bed when I saw it read 7:25.

AAARRGHHH!!

Rushed around like mad, threw on clothes, dashed out the door and tried to figure why on earth my alarm wouldn't have gone off. It became even more bizarre when I noticed my phone was telling me it was Friday, the 30th of March. Sudden moment of thinking, "Do not tell me I slept through Thursday completely..." But somehow my phone had apparently decided that in going back an hour in time, it would also be appropriate to go a day forward. Make sense of that if you will...

Anyways. Oddly, the whole thing ended up providing me with an incredibly amusing start to the morning as I was rushing down one of the roads on the way to work. There's a house with a couple of goats out the front of it who have been eating their way through some creepers, blackberries, long lawn, etc out the front of it. There's also been a deer that's been lurking around the local area for quite a while now.

This morning, the deer (obviously he's a mini-buck) was attempting to mount the white goat. The owner of the house or goats or whatever had rushed out the front in his trackies and an old singlet and was shouting at the deer to "GET THE F**K OFF MY GOAT!" The deer scarpered. The goat is bleating in a confused way (not sure whether it was distressed by what the deer had been attempting or by whatever was being attempted being interrupted). Trackieman is standing there watching the deer run up the road. I'm trying not to cry with laughter.

To think, I would have missed that if the alarm had gone off as it was meant to. Oh well. I'm working 20 minutes through lunch to make up for being late this morning.

I had a little nut tree
It brought me nought but sorrow
It didn't bud
It's just a dud,
I'll take it back tomorrow

- Fractured Fairytales and Revolting Rhymes

2 comments:

kris said...

its a good thing i wasn't drinking at the time of reading this...whatever i had been drinking would probably be coming out of my nose right now. that was halarious! i'm going to be chuckling about that for ages!

Della said...

*giggles*

It's made me laugh throughout the day, and whoever I've told about it has burst into laughter. The things you see when you don't have a video camera handy!

Suddenly I'm thinking I should have titled the blog something about "That gets on my goat" or something... But oh well!