Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The clouds looked really promising for lots of rain when I left work this evening, which led to the following happening:

Me: God, please make it rain! *looks up at sky*
*huge drop of rain hits me right in the eye*
Me: Argh! Warn me next time!
Officemate: *laughs. At me. Not with me*

At least we did have some good rain. But also some lightning and that's led to a fire about 20kms away from here. A bit close, but not so close as the other fires, so it's all about context, I guess.

In other thoughts, I re-found my essay from uni on "The changing face of cannibalism in fairytales" *squee!* It's much better than I'd remembered and reminds me of why I enjoyed all the academic stuff, even though it sometimes involved staying up late, typing like a maniac and hoping the end result was sane and coherent.

Particularly that final major assignment that was worth an entire subject mark... Don't really remember the final four hours of writing that (apart from thinking, "Type! Type like the wiiiiiind!"). But it was awesome and finished within half an hour of the deadline.

2 comments:

kris said...

LOL! maybe you better be more careful what you ask God for...apparently he has it in for you.

Della said...

It seems like it!

*hides under desk*

In other thoughts, the letter verification thing today is: menapper. Weird... o.O