Tuesday, March 24, 2009

> I finally bought a photo frame - quite possibly the most overpriced one ever for the quality of the product, etc, but it was shiny in a delightfully matte way - for the first time in my life. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Have decided to stop at one, or my house will end up being packed with photos in frames I feel somewhat ambivalent about. For now, photos will continue to be blu-tac'd to the shiny, mistmatched doors. Also need to finish painting the mini hallway. As you can see in the photo, it's still rather unfinished and Soviet.

All of these thoughts aside, Tuesday-night television is uninspiring. With the DVD and CD collection still evacuated to a friend's house from all the fire stuff, I now realise just how truly woeful television has become on most nights of the week. It's a bit depressing, as I thought I had a love for tacky TV. Apparently not.

So I renounce TV for books.

I bought about 10 new books while evacuated (needed distractions and there's no better escape than in a book). The problem is that there is literally no more space on all three bookshelves. And that's without unpacking the big box of books that got evacuated, and a few bags full.

Must. Join. Library.

Although the local library seems to have more magazines than books, and that just seems a bit wrong for a library. Maybe it's because they spent the rest of the budget on Mills & Boons.

No comments: