Sunday, March 29, 2009

The house smells like the oriental lillies, really strongly. But it's so nice. And they were on sale, looked gorgeous, the house needed something to brighten it up... There's always excuses for spending money on pointless things.


It reminded me of a bag I made for a friend years and yeeeears ago. Took a photo of it when I was at their place on the weekend.


Not too bad for my second (and final) attempt at sequin work. Should do some more one day, but I do have some sort of feeling of prejudice against craft that bubbles to the surface on occasion. Usually when I think about doing craft stuff. Or look at the second (and final) knitting attempt I made, which is taller than I am.

Buuut... When it comes to painting, I'll work for as long as it takes to get it done, and the house is still crowded with paintings even though a whole lot of them are still at a friend's place due to the fire stuff.

Maybe time to start selling 'em.

2 comments:

Clansi said...

love the vase that the flowers are in!

Della said...

Thanks - it belonged to my grandparents originally. Mum and Dad didn't want to keep it because they thought it was ugly. But it's got its own charm, so I "stole" it. And is heavy enough to be able to hold loads of flowers without falling over...