Monday, March 16, 2009

Guilty pleasure for the evening: Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities.

And no, it's not because of The Accent.

It amuses me how there's the character who looks like he's channeling Richie Benaud.* Admittedly, it's not the most accurate representation of what went on, is pretty violent and focuses on things that destroyed the lives of dozens of people (and that's without the drugs). But it's eminently watchable. And the retro fashion and architecture is great. It would have been enjoyable to be part of the wardrobe and set team.

In other thoughts, I'm so tired after all this fire stuff. Now it's more or less "safe," it's weird to suddenly be able to stop and start to get back into routines and living a normal life. I want a week off to actually get to rest or something. And on top of that, I've been battling that delightful post-stressful-situation-'flu thing.

One thing that's surprised me is how much I still want to be here after everything that's gone on. During the whole bushfire crisis, I'd felt that I'd be packing my bags and running away as soon as it was safe to do so. But now I'm unsure - everything is greening up already, the mountains are beautiful again.

The mountains had been very ominous while the fires were basically just behind them. In the time of the month of life on the run, the mountains loomed over the valley in a very threatening way, taking up almost all of the horizon. Now they've subsided and look small again, quiet, green.

Strange. All of it.

Still have to get everything back home again at some point.

*sigh*

* And it amuses me even further to think of what things would be like if the real Richie were all Underbelly ("Tony, I want you tew take Bill out the back and give him tchew from a ta-wenty-tchew..." "But... But I carn't do that, Rutchie!").

2 comments:

Clansi said...

Lol, I enjoyed your postscript very much

Della said...

Thanks! *lol* I can see it so clearly, and that sort of disturbs me. I hope the Twelfth Man makes something along those lines before Richie disappears from our screens for good *lol*