Tuesday, March 17, 2009

> Is It Just Me by The Darkness cheers my heart beyond belief today and I'm not sure why. But I LOVE it and have decided I want to form a tribute band. Although that decision may be revised when I have had more sleep.

> Kristin stayed the night at my place, which was hilariously fun. Lots of laughs and little sleep. I'm so sorry for nearly making you choke while having dinner, though, Kris! I need to be more careful about when I make people laugh. Like the other week where I made the copyeditor laugh so hard she nearly drove off the road.

> This morning, a guy from the water company came to fix the leaking pipe and knocked on the door just as I was getting out of my jarmies top. It was okay - I had a singlet underneath! But I went to the door, which Kris had answered, and had wrangled the jarmie top half-on, backwards, and the guy just stared. I have bad luck with tradespeople and their timing I think. Or my timing. But anyway. After we closed the door, we were in fits of laughter about what we SHOULD have done *giggles* Then when we left for work, we held hands while walking past the guys... Ahh dear. We were in fits of giggles by the time we reached the car.

Poor water people.

Also, I'm jealous - Kristin rocks my zebra-print long coat way more than I ever could. It's just a shame I don't have a hat with a big feather in it to go with it.

4 comments:

Clansi said...

lol, love the water people story... reminds me of the electricity people checking me out and saying "soo.... you're the priest hey?"

Della said...

Unexpected arrivals of tradesmen can be an awkward thing indeed.

The electricty guy would have been the perfect opportunity to say, "Yes, and bless you, my child. Have you gone to confession lately?"

(Random moment: verification 'word' was 'wingfull' - peculiar.)

kris said...

that was an awesome day! i had so much fun at your place...even with the choking:)

p.s. it was very liberating to show up dressed in a zebra coat to a youth ministries meeting

Della said...

It was great having you here! Again! Sorry, I'll pretend I'm not laughing about the thing of coming down last month as well with those meetings...

Hopefully the youth ministries guys weren't too distracted by it. Or did you start pimping them out? Is that why I didn't see any of them today down in Melbourne? *lol*