Sunday, October 28, 2007

Paintings, Love and Hate




The weather was bonkers today, so any plans for working on the yard had to be put on hold (unless I really wanted to get hit by flying branches or something). Instead, I mucked around with painting, read for a few hours and didn't do any of the cleaning I should have done...

In other thoughts, a random list of things I love and hate:

Love:
> Cadbury Desserts chocolate.
> Painting.
> Naps.
> The Side Show "Hey look! It's the election worm!" "...which is a lot better than being mounted by a frisky police officer..." "Cock fighting! And I don't mean the wussy version where you use chickens!"
> Finding old CDs with music I loved on them and playing them loudly. Love finding stuff I'd sort of forgotten about and am listening along and suddenly thinking, "Oh my gosh! I remember this song!!"
> Being able to make lasagne again.
> Necklaces from Diva. I seem to have gotten my fill of rings from there of late.

Hate:
> Mullets.
> John Butler Trio.
> U2.
> Thinking of he who should not be thought of. Too depressing!
> The neighbour's barky dog.
> Nothing decent being on TV.
> Silverchair. I used to love them. It was a teenage thing, I guess, even though in hindsight you can sort of see them ripping off Nirvana. Frogstomp was so good, though. But now..? I 'unno. It's just not right since Diorama, "I'm an artiste!" and The Dissociatives. Young Modern is a piece of bollocks.

In other thoughts, I want a chandelier. Although I think the ceilings in the house may be a wee bit short for that and I'd probably end up tangled in it uncomfortably.

No comments: