Monday, March 10, 2008

The make-out blender


I'd just like to take the opportunity to introduce my new blender. There it is above. And isn't it cute.

The whole thing's a long story...

My old blender decided a couple weeks ago to do something kind of odd when I switched it on. Well, odd in the fact that it tried to launch itself into the wall like a suicide blender. Just a wee problem with the electrics and all of that sort of thing.

After that, I started hunting for a new blender, but the one I wanted was sold out in all of the shops I'd gone to. Apparently this kind is enormously popular or something. Could have just kept it simple and bought another one, really. But meh.

Today I was in a K-mart shop and thought I'd see if they had the blender. And they did! Not that I'm a big fan of K-mart stores. Anyway. There was a couple making out RIGHT against the shelves the blender was on. Totally making out in a shoved-up-against-the-shelving kind of way. I'm like, "Err... Eww! Did not need to see that kinda blending action today!"

And in K-mart of all places.

Why on earth would you wanna make out there? You're that turned on by low, low prices and bad shoes? Bleh.

14 comments:

clare said...

Its actually the checkout lines, you see them and think 'im trapped.. my life is ending... in k-marat... oh the tragedy' which leads people to the idea that they must do something drastic like make out with the stranger in front of the blenders.
I have to say it happens to me all the time. ;)

Della said...

The thought of life ending in K-mart is rather depressing. The lines in Safeway are way worse, though. At least people don't make out in the frozen goods section.

clare said...

"At least people don't make out in the frozen goods section."

... *arkward scilence* that you know of.... warn me if you plan to be in my local grocery store.

Della said...

So it was you!

Thanks for handing out that packet of frozen peas, though.

clare said...

anytime, although i think ill be moving to a more romantic section, maybe the picnic sets and candles...

Della said...

Better than the canned goods.

clare said...

The good thing about being in the canned goods section is that when you discover he is a selfish lying b@stard you can bash hime with baked beans.

Della said...

Murder, she baked bean'ed?

clare said...

weapon of opportunity... man slaughteer...

Anonymous said...

You still brought the blender even after seeing that couple lip wrestling? It must be a very good blender.

Della said...

It is a good blender. Plus it was only the packaging that was being snogged against. That can be burnt. Plus it means the blender has an interesting story with which to traumatise people. "Yes, the drinks you're drinking now were mixed in THAT blender!"

Anonymous said...

Remind me never to have smoothies at your place. Also remind me to never go shopping with Clare.

Della said...

Technically, you'd be safe as the blender I chose was one on the well-above-head-height shelf. Although I guess it may have been tainted by the proximity to the activity...

Never go shopping with Clare with baked beans.

clare said...

YOu would be safe shopping with me, i can protect you from random strangers i choose to make out with. ;)