Sunday, March 09, 2008


^ New painting, view of some of Melbourne from Mt D.

The long weekend. Mmm... It's hot and ridiculous in terms of weather (why, Melbourne, why!?!?) and I just want some snow or something. Rain would be fine, too. As an alternative to boiling my brains out outside, I worked on a painting this afternoon while sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of the fan, my right leg falling asleep.

Not sure what I think of it yet, but I decided I wanted something to replace the lego man painting from the other week in the kitchen. I'm surprised with how well something so dominantly black suits the space. But the brushes weren't thin enough and if I do things like this in the future, I'll have to hunt down smaller ones.

I'm going out to get the washing in now before it scorches off the clothesline. If the BOM guys are wrong about the weather that's coming for the week, I'll be more than happy. I hate summer weather in Autumn. Makes me feel like throwing pumpkins at the weather report people actually.

I blame the heat.

5 comments:

clare said...

please throw pimpkins =)

clare said...

i mean pumpkins... i shouldnt type tired...

Della said...

Pimpkins... A mini-pimp?

*teehee*

Typing tired can lead to strange things.

Kel said...

great painting

Della said...

Thanks, Kel :)

I can totally see why you do lots of art - it's such an amazingly good stress-buster. And it usually ends up looking good, too!