Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Losing of Wisdom

The extraction occurs tomorrow.

I know the one wisdom tooth I had out a few weeks ago didn't hurt all that much to have removed. However, part of me is worried that the remaining three will be painful. Or the oral surgeon won't be like my dentist and will cause pain, to be more accurate.

Although my dentist jokes about enjoying my fear (I think he's joking at least), he's incredibly gentle and a seriously brilliant dentist well worthy of his months-long waiting list.

I'm sure the oral surgeon will be fine.

Also, there will be the wearing of a hospital gown involved. Do not like. There's that thing with the back and that's just not a good look unless I'm really wanting to show off the 17-stitch scar on my back. In which case, admire the scar, people! It took effort to get that! EFFORT. And quite possibly stupidity.

But that's another blog entry or something.

So yes, I hope the wisdom teeth removal will go well. I'm vaguely scared, but then I shall be sedated tomorrow for the procedure. And that will prevent me from trying to talk with my mouth full of dentist equipment (not that kind, saucy devils) and ask for my camera with which to take photographs.

Which reminds me. This time I must remember to ask for the teeth. I want them. I shall add them to the collection of removed stitches and perhaps frighten people with them (oh, how I wish I could find the two plaster casts I had for my left and right wrists as well!). And recount stories of copious amounts of blood.

Blooooood.

*ahem*

3 comments:

Dominique said...

I to have this fate to fear an squirm about... tell me all the good details after it is all over

Clansi said...

seddated as in general anesthetic? Or local numbing goodness?

And they only want you to sit/lie down in the oh-so-fashionable gown. At least they aren't asking you to perform aerobics in it!

Della said...

Kaisa - I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Or not!

Clansi - That's one consolation. The bad thing is sitting down on a cold chair and then nearly launching back up into the surgeon. Fun for the whole family.