Saturday, April 19, 2008

You don't need maths in life. You only need a calculator.

I've been suffering a severe case of blogger's block lately.

Been dog-sitting, which has actually been kind of fun. Although the cat hates the dog and tries to attack her whenever he sees her. Which is awkward. And the dog just gets a look on her face like, "I just want to be friiiiiiiiiiends!" while Azrael snarls at her...


But it's been fun having a dog around again in some ways. For a start, she's pretty ballsy and wants to take on any other dog she sees. Even if they're ten times her size (which is most dogs). And she drives the neighbour's irritating, evil dog absolutely mental.

Which endears her to me so very much.

If she stands in the corner of the bedroom window behind the curtain, she can see the evil dog and the evil dog can see her out on the balcony. Dog-sitting doggy stands there looking innocent while the evil dog goes off its head and barks wildly until the neighbours throw open the door to scream at it to shut the hell up.

I reward the dog with Schmackos.

Other than the dog-sitting, some random things of late, including public transport amusement/randomness that I noted down and shall now recount...

Small ginger child: "F*************************CK!"
Mother: "Yes! A truck!"
(while there are no other vehicles on the road at the time)

...and...

Singlet girl: "I had two bottles of Jaeger that night and then the next morning at work someone asked for a beer and I'd been chucking up since 5am. The smell made me have to go out the back and chuck. Anyway, I'm looking at getting into teaching."
Friend: "Oh! You should go to Deakin!"

...and...

Random girl in one of thost terrible K-mart sweater-material trenchcoats: "Let's go buy some pants!"

6 comments:

clare said...

You must be in a good area if k-mart girls want to buy not just 'borrow' from passing strangers.

Della said...

Well, that's one consolation. As long as the pants didn't match those horrible jackets.

Although I've seen more than enough trackpants lately. Trackpants are scary, and would be better renamed "crackpants" in some cases.

My eyes. My sanity. Did not need to see such things.

clare said...

crackpants.... hehehehehehehehe... yes im 12

Della said...

And it has a nice dual meaning for crack. Yay!

I need sleep, obviously. Things get ridiculous when I'm tired. Or more ridiculous.

clare said...

and its all funny when i need sleep. or maybe its that ive been wearing crackpants?

Della said...

As long as we all don't end up seeing the moon when it's not yet the night...