Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ut-oh...


You know there's something wrong when the Channel 9 helicopter lands on the oval of your local town. Went back as quickly as I could to the office and checked the CFA and DSE websites. Nothing much on them.

Then I checked the ABC website.

There's an article on there about how two of the main fires are likely to join up and make an uber-fire. Join up over the valley, too, by the way. The valley with my town in it. The town with lots of tall trees and gullies and dry, dry stuff. Where there's currently only one way out of and a fire meeting up would block that exit.

Mwarrghh!!

>.<

Run away!!!

*ahem*

So again, we'll be leaving town tonight. We'll probably come back for work tomorrow, depending on the situation, and then head back out of town after that. On the weekend, we'll be staying well away. I do not like the idea of being char-grilled. Not that I like the idea of maybe losing the house, but I relish the idea of a flaming, horrible death even less.

2 comments: