Monday, February 23, 2009

A) Thank goodness for work calling me to Sydney for today and tomorrow...

B) ...while my town potentially burns to the ground.

Err... Hmm. Hopefully it'll all work out okay. But apparently the serious threat will remain for the rest of the week - particularly Friday. And actually will be a threat until there's rain. Oh please, let there be some rain!!!

I'm glad I'm out of the area, though.

Get kind of sick of locals who are like, "I've been here for 750 years and survived all the bushfires that have ever been through the area. In fact, I'll be remaining here to battle any fire front with a toothpick and a 10-centimetre-long piece of garden hose. You're just being a silly girl for wanting to be somewhere safe! Ha! I laugh in the face of danger!"

It makes me think they'd be the kind of people who would have been like, "It's just some ASH, what ARE you freaking about!?" in Pompeii.

But still... going back to the area tomorrow... I'm not sure what to think. Hopefully things will be okay. But I'm not holding my breath. And not just because I'm not into asphyxia.

No comments: