Thursday, January 18, 2007

Rebuilding the Addiction

Now that it's not the holidays any more with the extended break from daily blogging, it's hard to get back into the addiction. Can't think of anything to say! So I'm going to write a random list of things I love because it takes up some space and I'm feelin' the love today.

> Friends coming to stay on the weekend - talking, great food, laughing loads, walking, having to unfortunately wake them far too early on Monday morning when I left for work... And then coming home to find the house looking immaculate! Thanks so much, Kimmi and Steve! :)

> Cleaning out my phone's 290+ SMSs/MMSs and finding heaps of cool messages, silly things, videos from Drewsy (such as the classic "Hello there. My name's Harry the hamster..."), pix from friends, random amounts of twistedness, etc. Too hard to decide what to get rid of.

> Overly phallic bananas. Don't ask. The local IGA has cornered the market in them, though, and you can't eat them without thinking that there really should be a p*rn soundtrack accompanying it.

> delicious. magazine. I have some kind of addiction to foodie magazines, although I don't buy them all that often. But this issue of delicious. came with some adorably kitsch magnets! And the pizza dough recipe from the gods is contained in an issue from last year and everyone I've made it for loves it. Or they're just saying they do so I don't push them in the oven or something... But no, it's really delicious (oddly enough ;).

> Catching up with people who I haven't had contact with for years. It somehow leads to extraordinarily long conversations, guess it's about trying to cram the past three, four, five, ten years into as little catch-up time as possible.

> Rain. It drizzled/made the effort and rained on and off here for most of the morning. Makes such an incredible change after days of weather so hot you feel like you're about to melt into a little puddle. Here's hoping the BOM is talking out of their rearward-facing orafice when they're saying it'll be insanely hot again on the weekend.

No comments: