Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Fur Hat


I bought this simply enormous hat in Berlin at a stall run by a number of Russian men, selling all sorts of Soviet-era memorabilia from Babushka dolls to gas masks to Stasi hats to various furs.

And I did think of Taylor when I saw the hammer and sickle caps. But never ended up buying anything like that. Although I guess I would have looked somewhat less ridiculous wearing a Soviet military cap than a fur hat that's big enough to appear to be eating my head.

Oh well!

With the weather that I've come back to - like it being 5 degrees when I arrived at Melbourne airport on Friday - this kind of hat is definitely a welcome addition to life and makes things so much warmer. And isn't there talk of snow tomorrow down to 600 meters or something? Brrr.

10 comments:

clare said...

niiiiice. (to bothe the hat and the snow. i so want to go to the snow this year.)

Welcome back by the way. :)

Della said...

Mm, snow, hat, happy combination! But it feels so weird being in freezing weather after 30-degree weather.

Thanks! :D

clare said...

Well at least with the hat (who i think you should name Gustav) you are now prepared for the freezing unlike the rest of us who only have a lepoard skin print cap. stylish, but not overly practical.

Della said...

Gustav would be a good name for a hat, but it's sort of more German than Russian sounding... Should have bought some of those German hats with feathers in them *lol* They would have been perfect to call Gustav!

Leopard-print caps sound good. Although what kinda name do you have for it? :D

kris said...

welcome back! the hat is definately pure sex. you might need to be careful wearing it to work because of that fact:)

Della said...

*lol* Pure sex? Now I'm worried that I wore it to work this morning! And totally understand what a friend was meaning about it yesterday! Eek!

kris said...

of course its pure sex. what do you think people mean when they look at your hat and say, "nice fur. Must be warm in there"?

LOL

Della said...

Or could that mean I'm hot-headed? *lol* Okie, that's probably enough about head-related things right there... *ahem*

Dominique said...

Oh; so that is what they meant... wait but I don't have a hat like that...

Della said...

You don't? Well... You'll have to get one then! ;)