Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Well, folk me

Apparently folk fashion is making a comeback (possibly after having been on an extended caravaning holiday to Bega).

I *knew* I should have bought that folksy shirt last Friday. But no, I resisted and now what do I find?

Well... That I've probably saved myself from looking psuedo-ethnic-hippy and fitting in, fashion-wise, around here all together too well. Also, there would have been repair work I'd have had to do to the shirt.

There's already a lot of things on my "to repair" list, so by the time I'd fixed it, folk would be out of fashion and the Tudor ruff would have made a reappearance. On the bottom of high-waisted leggings attached to an incredibly over-sized bag with an Olsen twin in it.

Aside: I note with interest that the "new romantic" fashion looks heavily influenced by dresses and so on from the 1970s. Except not in mission brown.

4 comments:

kris said...

i've always enjoyed the hippy look. It encourages free spirits, free fitting, and no underpants!

Della said...

And excessive hairy moments...

Hmm.

kris said...

i possible could go without the hairy parts:P

Della said...

I guess it might help in Winter, though, to keep warm?