Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Photos from Berlin




> Denkmal für die ermordeten Juden Europas in Berlin. I bawled my eyes out there in public, which made other people stare at me curiously. The memorial consists of a 19,000 square meter site covered with 2711 concrete slabs.

> Berlin Wall remnants in Potsdammer Platz.

> Denkmal für die ermordeten Juden Europas. Maybe it made me cry because it was so horrible that all of these people were murdered without the country standing up for them and saying, "Enough!" Maybe it was because I was wondering whether I'd be brave enough to help rescue others. Maybe it was for those who lost their lives, those who were never given a potential for life...

2 comments:

Becky Daniel said...

this is really moving, adele. i would cry right along there with you.

Della said...

It was strange how some concrete lumps could do that, but yeah... Perhaps it was in part because they look somewhat coffin-like. Take tissues if you ever go there, tho!