Saturday, June 02, 2007

Things I Love About Germany

> European down-filled pillows.

> Hot German men.

> The amazing countryside - green, lush, beautiful trees, rivers, cute little villages, all so post-card perfect.

> The history - everything has something historic connected to it almost. And there are so many old things! And so beautiful. Such wonderful artwork. The old buildings really are amazing.

> The bread. I cannot emphasise this enough. The bread is like multiorgasmic tastebud orgies of goodness.

> Getting to spend time with local people not as a tourist but as a friend; getting to know others, sharing time with them and having lots of fun.

> Laughing so hard and so long my face hurts.

> The fact that you're meant to drive like a maniac on the Autobahn. My favourite!

> Shops. All so interesting, little supermarkets that have strange assortments of things that make no sense, really cheap clothing and shoes, perfume at reasonable prices, bakeries with breads, cakes, etc. Oh! And scooters at the supermarket in the mall. For sale. At the supermarket! Awesomeness. I love scooters.

> Nice cars. Nice fast cars. Although the thing about almost everyone having two-door cars is a pain. There's no elegant way to enter or exit them if you have to sit in the back seat - you've got your arse sticking out awkwardly either way.

> Tod im Arsch. Hui. Tschüß. Also... Tod im Arsch is the best. Hummeln im Hintern is also good. Finster. Servus.

> Shoes for €12. Brand spankin' new ones. For €12. For reals!!! They have jeans here for like €4,50. So cool.

> Chocolate. The chocolate here really is that good. And was on sale for 59 cents a block. I know!!! While in Australia we're paying like $4 a block! Insanity!!! I want to live in Germany!

5 comments:

kris said...

glad ur having fun! but don't have too much fun...we don't want to lose you to the european union!

love ya!

clare said...

i want to live in germany too :)

Lippy said...

Wow, I have missed a few things here. I hope you're having a great time, and I hope you're taking a lot of pictures. With your eye for the camera, I'm sure it will be nearly as good as being there!

Enjoy

Dominique said...

DELI!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't come back soon I am spontantiously going to die!!! I can't do this anymore I have tried so hard to keep a happy face and not let you know how much I miss having you to annoy during work; but you got to come back. If you must bring your german men back with you just make sure there are enough for everyone.

Hope to see you online again soon; hope you are enjoying decent foods again!

Della said...

I'm back! :)

Thanks for the wishes for my return, everyone *lol* Managed to make it back safely and without getting detained by customs anywhere...