Monday, December 18, 2006

It's not all bad...

The best thing about Christmas shopping on the weekend:

Hearing the song that Paul McDermott and GUD used at the beginning of their performance of Your Jeans Are Too Tight at the Melbourne Comedy Festival a couple of years ago TWICE in one day.

The song's You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon, but at the comedy festival, they changed it to "You can be my bodyguard, I can be your long-lost pal, you can call me Betty, and Betty when you call me, you can caaaaall me Al... Qaeda!" followed by one of the guys in GUD warbling "I gave Osama a 69!" to the tune of Summer of '69.

Of course, it was just the normal version on the radio, but it still made me smile to myself as the memories emerged and the words to Your Jeans Are Too Tight popped up from somewhere in the back-catalogue of my memory.

Ahh, maturity, forsooth thou art on holidays for the Silly Season.

No comments: