Friday, December 01, 2006


Finally bought some proper Christmas decorations to replace the chocolate ones, which are now decorating a bottle, oddly enough.

And you wouldn't believe it. JB Hi-Fi had managed to screw the order up for my copy of Volkerball, so that makes THREE weeks in a row of attempting to obtain a copy, but not succeeding. I guess they say that you need to keep on keeping on and whatnot, but this is getting ridiculous.

The lady I'd talked to last week about it and confirmed specifics with her then about what exactly it was that was on order and so on was there again today and tried to encourage me to just take the copy they had there, which didn't have what I wanted, or they could oh-sigh-this-is-sooooooo-hard-"order-a-copy-in-for-you," which I wanted to say, "Yes, that is what I'd originally asked," but I bit my momentarily-acid tongue.

Maybe that would have been a solution, but I was in a sleepy-headachey-tired mood and wasn't going to just be fobbed off and said ordering a copy in would be fine, thank-you.

And to celebrate it being the first day of Summer, we've had something like 48 bushfire things around the State, including one not too many kilometres from here. Hmm. Joyous rapture that Summer shall be.

Plus Red Cross guy with a fauxhawk liked my Astroboy shirt, which is about three years old and I bought it in SA, and was asking where he'd be able to get one. But I think he just wanted donations.

No comments: