Sunday, December 10, 2006

It could be worse. There could be zombies

Horrible weekend with high, high temperatures around Victoria, along with the bushfire things (really it's kind of miraculous that more didn't start considering the sort of weather we were having), too hot to sleep at night, rather worried about the whole north-easterly winds blowing fires somewhat this way stuff, etc.

Although we did end up having a cool change this afternoon. But no rain. Yet? Hopefully there'll be some with it. Got so much more cleaning up around the yard to do now - the change brought strong winds from the south-west, which in turn brought down bark, leaves, etc and a branch that's lodged in a tree and I have to work out how to get that down...

However, to remind myself it could be worse, I watched Shaun of the Dead (a romantic comedy, with zombies). My friend Danny always harassed me about needing to watch it because it's "brilliant," so I relented.

Not too bad, not too good, do love the British comedians in it. Nearly had nightmares about zombies, though. Argh!

So...

New mantra: It could be worse. There could be zombies.

No comments: