Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas?!

Got the fright of my life this afternoon when I heard fire sirens screaming down the road. Oh sweet Lord, bushfires? House burning down? Kitten stuck in a tree?

No, it was just the fire people coming around with someone dressed as Santa giving out lollies. Apparently this is an annual tradition.

All I wanted to do was say, "Ho ho ho this you bastards! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" (insert throwing something between the "bastards!" and "You...").

Still, it's not a good idea to annoy the fire people and the volunteers for the CFA have been doing an absolutely amazing job battling the bushfires that have been burning for weeks now in the State's north-east. So there was no throwing of any objects, just as close to a smile and a wave as I could muster following a mild cardial infarction.

But I ended up getting talking to the next door neighbours who were equally freaked out by the whole sirens-screaming-lights-flashing thing and that was very interesting - especially discussing the fire situations, etc around the area.

And now I'm baking a cake for them and will pop over with it once it's cooled and iced. So very domestic.

Anyhoo, merry Christmas everyone! :)

No comments: