Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My officemate is leaving next year (cue violins as rendered by a Yamaha keyboard from the early 1990s). Although initially I didn't really want to share an office, it's become something I've really enjoyed. For example, this year my officemate and I have:

> Done a crazy amount of work, so quit yer whinging about any of the following, which occurred during breaks, lunch or after work had finished in the case of the paper planes...

> Made paper planes and had competitions to see how far we could throw them out the window at lunch and leaving times.

> Thrown bouncy balls around (and lost one down the drain across and down the road after throwing it out the window - let that be a lesson to you about the dangers of drains when it comes to bouncy balls!).

> Generally had insane amounts of laughter, doing odd things like blu-tacking a map to the ceiling and various other random stuff that's provided some laughs (including the purely childish persuit of hunting for naughty words in cross-word puzzles - actually found a lot, too).

The office will be rather quiet sans officemate. Unless I get another officemate who also likes having a laugh, making paper planes and finds light-up yo-yos that are selling at K-mart for three cents or whatevs.

Although I guess it does mean I could play loud music...

:-p

No comments: