Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Stars in their eyes...?

For some random reason, I was thinking about the whole celebrity crush thing earlier today, and remembered a couple of the guys I thought were soooo cute when I was younger *lol* Looking back at it now, perhaps it's a lil frightening to think back to who you thought was all that and a packet of cheese and onion Smiths crisps, but what the hey, it's amusing enough. So here's the ones I can remember from my teenage years:

Maxim
I was 13 I think, and there was The Fat of The Land. And the clip for Breathe that made my young innocent mind plan covering my bedroom walls with posters of The Prodigy and began my fascination with piercings (thank-you, Keith Flint). I remember having a pic of Maxim with metal teeth and coloured contacts in my school diary, courtesy of Amy (muchos gracias, and that reminds me, I have to send the wedding pix out!). But yeah... I thought he was gorgeous. Although that might just have been because I really liked how he looked in the Breathe clip.

Adam Rickitt
I had posters from Bliss mag of him adorning the bedroom walls as a teen. Apparently he's into politics now. Conservatives or something in the UK, but he used to be on Corronation Street and Bliss had him a lot in there. That was while I was in the fancying guys with floppy blonde hair combined with phenomenal muscles phase, I guess. But look at him! How could that not be what teenage girls would swoon over and then immediately vote into parliament, if they had the chance to vote? You should see him without a shirt (and believe me, in Bliss you definitely would). In the immortal words of pretty much any character in Carry On films played by Sid James, "Corrrrrr!"

Gedeon Burkhard
I blame Komissar Rex for this entirely. Of course he was just playing a character who was gorgeous, intelligent, witty and solved all the crimes and caught all the criminals with the uber-genius of the crime bustin' canine, Rex. But you do get the feeling that he's intelligent and witty in real life.

Tobias Moretti
Also from Komissar Rex. And I still think he's gorgeous, so it was amazingly odd to see him in the Hitler movies SBS had on recently where he was Hitler and I'm sitting there thinking, "No, no, this is wrong, Hitler isn't meant to be played by a hot person!" But yes, he's tall, dark and handsome, which seemed to become the kind of guy I preferred after the teenage-girls-prefer-boyband-style-blondes phase (see: Rickitt, Adam).

Ahh, the follies of youth. Followed by the follies of being in your 20s. Then the 30s. Then middle-age follies and my gosh, an entire life-time full of 'em! Huzzah!

No comments: