Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ugh...

This weekend's meant to be a horror weekend when it comes to bushfire weather all over the State. And I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Well, you try living in a little wooden house surrounded by big trees that shed more than their fair amount of leaf litter and so on, surrounded by wooded mountains and so on. Arrghh! *ahem*

But I feel really bad for the people who are living in areas which already have bushfires courtesy of the lightning strikes last week. It would be a total nightmare and I really hope that we get some cool weather and rain ASAP.

The Bureau of Meteorology has gotten it wrong in the past, I'm sure. In fact, I fondly recall when they have, such as the revoltingly hot predictions for 35 degree + weather in recent weeks that didn't eventuate. May it occur once more this weekend!

Extremely hot, dry and windy days are not what I'd call a highlight of Summer. Guess it's time to hunt around in the cupboard, find the Zooper Doopers (note to self: do not eat them late of a Summer's evening, as dizzying sugar high inhibits sleep), put them in the freezer and be prepared for the heat.

Although I don't know how well they'd do in fighting off fires, if fires there are. I hope there aren't, though.

:-/

2 comments:

Kel said...

me too
it's a bit scary for us urbanites turned sea-change, tree-changers
so tell me, are you staying to fight or evacuating?

Della said...

Going from somewhere where bushfires weren't a regular occurrance to a place where they are is rather challenging. Are there any fires near you? It's frightening with the dire predictions the DSE and CFA are making about the fires merging and perhaps heading to the coast.

I'm not totally sure about what I'd do - I think evacuate if it's bad. Although it would be awful to lose everything. But life's more important, I guess.