Friday, January 11, 2008

I know it's probably boring the bollocks off you, but look! More photos from Townsville... This time from the Botanic Gardens. I'll try to write something now it's a little cooler compared to how it's been for the past however many hours and hours and hours on end it was RIDICULOUSLY hot (too hard to think in hot weather, other than about ice-cubes). Much more of that 40+ stuff and I think I would have melted, slid between the floorboards and ended up in a puddle amongst the cobwebs beneath the house.

What a happy thought. But Melbourne weather of late has been even more crazy than usual, the insane hussy. The cool change is very, very, very welcome (apart from that bit about the subsequent lightning strikes and causing even more work for fire fighters and all of that).

Anyway. Photos.










Song of the day: Resolution - Emigrate.

9 comments:

Becky Daniel said...

dude, i adore your pics. thanks for sharing!

Della said...

Thanks! *blush*

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pix from Paris, Italy, etc. Post more! *lol*

Unknown said...

Bamboo Pic was excellent. You have a great eye for colour and composition.

Della said...

Thanks, Rough :) The bamboo was just gorgeous - such a random assortment of colour on it. Perfect for photos, regardless of who would take them I think :)

Unknown said...

Don't be modest. You need an eye to see the potential in it. Then you need to frame it through the lens.

Della said...

This is true. My Mum has commented in the past that I manage to find patterns or things in nature that most other people would miss. But it's really just practice. When you're taking enough photos to sink the Titanic with (without the aid of an ice-berg), you sort of pick up on what works or doesn't after a while, and what pleases your own eye.

Della said...

(Just thinking, with your work with photos and all that, I'm probably just preaching to the choir with the "practice makes perfect" kinda thing :)

Unknown said...

I think doing it makes you more aware of what works and what doesn't but it's always good to hear what other people in the field are doing and what they think. There's a lot of images on the web and in multimedia these days and it takes a bit to stand out. I'm not biased like your Mum. I just caught your blog by accident, and to me, your photographs (and your thoughts) stand out. That's why I keep coming back, checking it out.

Della said...

Mmm, I agree. There's some really good resources online for digital photography, too. I love the Digital Camera magazine (http://www.dcmag.co.uk/). The portfolio work on there is often really interesting. Plus the mag runs a Photographer of the Year comp every year and that always seems to have an incredibly high standard of work in it.

With the plethora of photos on the 'net, it is pretty hard to stand out and do something differently to others. Mainly because there's nothing new under the sun *lol* But I'm glad you enjoy the photos I post, as well as the often rather random thoughts...